Certificate in Commercial Property Valuation (英文）
Hours Formal CPD
Professional valuations are vital to a healthy property/asset market, forming the basis of performance analysis, financing decisions, transactional or development advice, dispute resolution, taxation and various statutory applications.
This advanced level course has been designed to provide the knowledge required to become a registered valuer, including the application of International Valuation Standards and in particular the RICS Red Book.
The course provides the skills required to prepare reasoned valuations of a range of commercial property for purchase, sale, investment, rent review, lease renewal, mortgage lending and accounts. The course will also enable candidates to examine the effect of international requirements and valuation standards on valuation practice.
Who is this course for?
Suitable for delegates with around 3 years’ experience carrying out practical valuations and are looking to develop your commercial property valuation experience to an advanced level, then this course will support you in gaining the required practical knowledge of applying valuation standards.
This course is made of up of 12 units delivered across a 6 month period. The technical units covered within this course are listed below:
- Unit 1 - Property investment opportunities
- Unit 2 - Apply the relevant professional standards
- Unit 3 - Prepare and adapt spread-sheets for valuations and analysis of sales
- Unit 4 - Sale prices, lease terms and their effect on value
- Unit 5 - Investment method – traditional approach and techniques
- Unit 6 - Leasehold valuations and how premiums are calculated
- Unit 7 - Investment method discounted cash flow techniques
- Unit 8 - Income statements of properties valued
- Unit 9 - Valuations of development land using appropriate methodologies
- Unit 10 - The concept of synergistic value
- Unit 11 - How contamination and other matters affect value
- Unit 12 - Valuation uncertainty and valuation accuracy
For more information on the topics covered within each module, please download the course guide.
The start date is subject to change depending on number of attendees for this course and at the discretion of RICS. If you select the wrong start date you must notify us within 14 days of purchase to move to the correct group. Any requests outside of this date are chargeable.